PKF Constantia Valley Cape Town Accountant
DepartmentMonthly Accounting Department
LocationDiep River, Cape Town
About the position
Purpose of the role
To render the full accounting service to a portfolio of clients.
Academic Qualifications Required
- A degree in accounting will be beneficial.
- Completion of SAICA/AGA/SAIPA articles will be beneficial.
Skills, Competencies and Experience Required
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills: Be able to converse in English and Afrikaans
- Report writing skills
- Time Management
- Problem solving skills
- Organisational skills
- Drivers’ licence
- Strong Accounting and Taxation knowledge
- Decisive and accurate
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- 3-5 years accounting experience
Required Computer Package Experience
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
Key Duties and Responsibilities – Key Performance Indicators
- Supervise and initiating the processing of client information cheques, receipts, sales invoices, purchase invoices
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Processing and reconciling of Petty Cash and cash control accounts
- Keeping of a fixed asset register
- General journals – e.g., depreciation, provisions, interest, salaries, stock, etc.
- Process journal entries e.g., new instalment sale agreements, interest on borrowings, provisions, accruals of income and expenses, bad debts etc.
- Reconcile debtors and creditors statements.
- Correct accounting treatment on disposal of assets (property, plant & equipment) and investments and the calculation of the taxation on capital gains/losses.
- Analyse the resulting trial balance for mistakes / deviations and be able to discuss the results with the client.
- Analytical review of AFS – GP%, Inventory days, Creditors days, Debtors days
- Produce a draft set of financials
- Prepare the notes to financial statements
- Identifying provisions and contingent liabilities
- Calculate the tax liability for sole proprietors, individuals, close corporations and trusts, small business corporations, and partnerships.
- Reconciliations of input/output VAT to monthly trial balance.
- Compiling and discussing with the client of monthly management accounts.
- Requesting information from Clients.
- Provisional tax calculations
- Maintain strong client relationships
- Good communicator with Clients and colleagues
- Strong management skills, leadership and organisational abilities.
- Able to work on their own and run a portfolio of clients.
- Meet monthly deadlines timeously.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Payroll, VAT and e-filing
Level of Independence
Applications to be sent to: Martli Uys, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org